Did it again....first ride with the trailer

GS850_Mike

Learning the Ropes
The first trailer was one I built a few years ago for my busa and just made the hitch for my 850. Last night I was able to do a test run of my newest trailer and it worked perfectly. I am looking forward to spending some time on the water as well as the time getting to and from the water. It always bugged me, if its nice enough to go Kayaking then it is surely nice enough to ride the bike. Now I dont have to decide on just one. It wasn't planned but it fits in a singe parking space...love that.
20160611_073051.jpg

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
The first trailer was one I built a few years ago for my busa and just made the hitch for my 850. Last night I was able to do a test run of my newest trailer and it worked perfectly. I am looking forward to spending some time on the water as well as the time getting to and from the water. It always bugged me, if its nice enough to go Kayaking then it is surely nice enough to ride the bike. Now I dont have to decide on just one. It wasn't planned but it fits in a singe parking space...love that. View attachment 2143

Man that fairing would look even cooler on that bike if it were matched to your color scheme. Nice looking rig!

GS850_Mike

Learning the Ropes
I have a WJ waiting to be stripped down and painted, this project just seemed like more fun. As of last night my plan has come to full realization, I parked at my take out of a local river. Took the kayak via my bicycle to the put in 5 miles away and floated back to the bike. No longer need anyones help to go down the river and I get to take the bike too.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
When I sold my Jon boat, I kept my boat trailer... I did that so I could convert the trailer to a small utility trailer to pull behind the bike. In the process, I kept the tongue length long so I can extend the tongue for the same reason. When the trailer is 8 ft. long with the plywood deck, it's great for all of my camping gear. When the trailer is 10 ft. long with the boat runners, the canoe rides just perfectly.

GS850_Mike

Learning the Ropes
No, the set of wheels under the nose of the kayak are a carrier. I strapped those under the kayak and I made a support for the bicycle to hook on the the front handle of the kayak. When I got where I was going I locked the bicycle up strapped the carrier to the deck of the kayak and headed back to the motorcycle.