Best ebay buy yet

GS850_Mike

Learning the Ropes
Just picked up a new (to me) WJ. It came with everything mounting bracket (wrong one for my bike but it's here), both lowers, newer windshield, right hard cover (no key), left soft cover, harness. How much you ask, just 5 dollars. I think its my best purchase yet.
Anyway just wanted to share.

Attachments

• 20160502_201401.jpg
    20160502_201401.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 390

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
That's a good price! :eek: Are you going to change the bike to match the fairing or change the fairing to match the bike?

GS850_Mike

Learning the Ropes
Thats easy, fairing to match the bike. But after looking at it this morning it has had some repairs done so I'm still planning on repainting the one I bought with the luggage awhile ago. Still a great buy for parts. The windshield alone was worth the 5 bucks.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
That's why I look for the bargains also! You never know when you might find a hidden extra, like horns, radar detector, etc...

roncar

"...looking at it this morning it has had some repairs done... Still a great buy for parts. The windshield alone was worth the 5 bucks."

"... You never know when you might find a hidden extra, like horns, radar detector, etc..."

Absolutely! (as long as shipping is a non-player, ie local pick-up.) All of my Vetter purchases have been local and mostly eBay. Some better than others, but dirt cheap in any case.

$5 fairing...
WJSS.jpg

$10 fairing for windshield and vettersound...
KAW.jpg

Final result... (painted to match and with a few extras)
vetter_after.jpg

Moral: This does not have to be a bank breaking hobby.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
"...looking at it this morning it has had some repairs done... Still a great buy for parts. The windshield alone was worth the 5 bucks."

"... You never know when you might find a hidden extra, like horns, radar detector, etc..."

Absolutely! (as long as shipping is a non-player, ie local pick-up.) All of my Vetter purchases have been local and mostly eBay. Some better than others, but dirt cheap in any case.

$5 fairing...
WJSS.jpg

$10 fairing for windshield and vettersound...
KAW.jpg

Final result... (painted to match and with a few extras)
vetter_after.jpg

Moral: This does not have to be a bank breaking hobby.

I would say the final result is awesome!!

Mickeymoe

Grasshopper
Ron, very nice work, and great buy on the yellow parts. BTW, your paint job looks professional- did you do a PSBC paintjob? (primer, sealer, basecoat, clearcoat) I did so on my Vetter 4 fairing last year and mounted it this season and the fairing looks better than the factory paint! Also, I had to MASK both factory pinstriped triangle because I wasn't going to spend the dough. It looks better with the clearcoat over them anyway IMHO. The Vetter letters had to go because they were sandblasted..It took a long time, like I'm sure your bike did but the results are worth it. Since this pic I've added a CycleSound system.

Mark
aft.jpg

roncar

Ron, very nice work, BTW, your paint job looks professional- did you do a PSBC paintjob? (primer, sealer, basecoat, clearcoat).
Professional? Yeah, OK. Assisted a friend that was a semi-professional. Not his primary occupation but he knew a lot more than I did in any case.

470-1498062959-71624881cc4eba143eef4c73cee01cfb.jpg

Bike and fairing was all painted at the same time. Primer, basecoat, topcoat, pin-striping (generic from auto parts store), and clearcoat. I love the outcome.
63-1390150223-8f0a03a32db8d6a8ee1c51e86431cc0d.jpg

(Like yours, several changes have been done since this pic was taken.)

Mickeymoe

Grasshopper
All of the parts lined up waiting for clearcoat after pinstriping is a familiar sight! When you paint a bike the right way you increase the value drastically. I've seen so many bikes advertised for top dollar that were painted with spray cans and buffed out. Not so say that's a bad thing, (to use spray cans) but you can't go around asking big bucks when automotive paint has not been used.

Again, an outstanding outcome and great looking GoldWing. Kind of reminds me of my 1986 Aspencade that was sold around the time my ex-GS850G was sold. :( (Also my EX didn't get)

SUZGWNG.JPG

Mickeymoe

Grasshopper
Hey Ron,

Just a thought- you might think about putting your rear view mirrors on your fairing- when I posted the pic of my two bikes I noticed my GW has them there too. I put them on my GS850G, and there on my now owned GSS1000G as well. It's MUCH EASIER and quicker to see what's behind you by looking straight ahead and a bit to the right or left, than down at the handlebar area. Also, you see directly behind you even when the handlebars are turned. BIG PLUS!

Personal choice really, but a testimonial from someone who has both setups. BTW, after much looking, the mirrors I eventually settled on were NOS Ninja 600 -1000 units~ 20 bucks each aftermarket. They accent to look of the fairing- and to me the stying matches perfectly. Your GW may look good/ better with chrome or brushed chrome. (I couldn't get ENOUGH chrome on my Aspencade!!)

Mark