Any love for the Windstar fairings?...aside from me

BobsSuziGS

Grasshopper
I just purchased a Vetter Windstar fairing...though Vetter didn't really make it....and just last week found a Windjammer mount for my frame....now to mate the two of them.

Just wondering if there's any one else out there who likes these smaller fairings too.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I have a NOS Windstar, its on display in my office though. Cool looking fairing, even know it wasn't designed by Craig.

BobsSuziGS

Grasshopper
"Office"...well, it can't do it's true job from there, now can it{lol}.
Myself, I like the WS...has twin lockable side areas...not huge, but not shabby....gives decent wind protection and is slimmer than the full fledged WJs....I owned an '84 FJ1100....the WS looks a tad bigger/better than that cycle had. Win/win.

BobsSuziGS

Grasshopper
I'll just listen to the motor.
...or, if I could find long enough cables, I'd mount the tach and speedo in new speaker hole covers.

BobsSuziGS

Grasshopper
Lol...me too. A longer speedo cable from a Suzi "L" would work....Tach....?
If you look at your fairing, you'd see how cool that'd be with the gauges in the speaker holes.
Add in the turn signals, discreetly on the sides....gear indicator in the void between the speakers...and the oem fuel gauge...somewhere in the middle too.
If I ever pull it off...I'll post pics here!

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I will take some pics of the one I have on display. It's burgundy. What color is yours? Did you say what bike it's going on? Any pics?

BobsSuziGS

Grasshopper
In order;
-Black WS...origonal side stickers were gone and PO had added on pin stripping, but I removed it...probably will change the outside color to match the bike
-Cycle of choice is an '80 Suzuki GS850G...in Ford RedFire paint
...no pics worth a darn...I've got the cycle semi torn apart...new coil wires/caps, fork springs, improved front brakes/MC, just rebuilt fuel sender...just your basic "going thru things" so she's road ready with no worries.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
In order;
-Black WS...origonal side stickers were gone and PO had added on pin stripping, but I removed it...probably will change the outside color to match the bike
-Cycle of choice is an '80 Suzuki GS850G...in Ford RedFire paint
...no pics worth a darn...I've got the cycle semi torn apart...new coil wires/caps, fork springs, improved front brakes/MC, just rebuilt fuel sender...just your basic "going thru things" so she's road ready with no worries.

Super cool! Great to see it on the 80 Suzuki GS. I think that will look sharp.

Even torn apart pics are exciting to us. A pic is a pic, and we love all pics!

TwoLazy

Grasshopper
I don't recall the Windstar Fairing .. is this a 70s era fairing? I have a 05 Harley FXD and was looking for a fairing .. the reproductions of the FXDRT fairings can run upwards of 2 thousand dollar range by the time you get it painted and mounted. I did, however, find a Wixom frame mounted fairing that I didn't know they made a frame mounted fairing. with a little fitting and some creative mounting solutions it looks halfway decent on the Dyna.

2Fairing-2 014.JPG