530 members, ROLL CALL!

Alan F.

Learning the Ropes
Reaction score
Website
neclassicmotoguys.freeforums.net
Ok, 530 members? I'd like everyone to post in this thread, even if just to say hello.

What bike are you riding? Do you still ride? It's been a few years for me with work and family and family and work. I'm meaning to get back to it asap!

No more lurkers, you're all valuable members so speak up and share something!

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello! I have a WJ4 on a 2006 Honda VT600CD. I designed and fabricated brackets for the fairing, bags, and trunk.
My other Bike is a Soviet era Dnepr MT-11 military sidecar motorcycle. I drug it out of a barn just before Thanksgiving last year (2019). It was ordered from Bike Barn in Seattle, WA in 1992 after the collapse of the Soviet Union. The guy rode it a few days after it arrived in a truck and then it rode him like any Soviet Motorcycle will do if you don't respect it! He parked it in that barn after returning from the Emergency Room. It had factory assembly problems like all Communist Vehicles had. After waiting a month for parts from https://www.russiangarage.com I reassembled it and now it runs perfectly.

wpeycha

Grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all. Still working on getting the bike going. What I have going for me is that I have finally officially empty nested and actually have a few minutes of spare time.

Its a 1976 GL1000 and I'm officially the second owner. The previous owner loved it for 88k before parking it. He passed soon after and she sat for a few year. Still sitting a bit right now, but I am making progress! Installed new timing belt tensioners (upgraded, not NOS) and installed a new water pump. Getting the engine sealed up has been a challenge, but that's why it's a hobby and not my day job..

Have the body panels, trunk & saddle bag panels, fairing and lowers at the body shop. Will be painting a Candy Apple Red. Not going for the original Antares red, but something close.

Reactions: Alan F.

Two"85s"

Grasshopper
Reaction score
It seams I have more projects than time problem, 4 bikes and of coarse my terraplane!

cmyoch

Grasshopper
Reaction score
76 GL1000 also here in Illinois. I acquired the bike in pieces 8 years ago and fully restored her over this time. I was not a full dresser guy but decided to mount the Vindicator fairing that I had stored in my shed to extend my riding season. I have to admit, the Vetter has really grown on me.

KGBnut

Grasshopper
Reaction score
I've got two. Suzuki GS750 and a GS550, both 1978. The 750 I have had for about 20 years. The 550 I just finished rebuilding. Other than not pulling the engine apart, I took the bike down to every nut, bolt, and screw and reconditioned everything. Both are "Vetterized." The larger bike doesn't have Vetter bags, but rather Shoei hard bags. Those bags I like because they will swallow a full face helmet.

I painted both of them solid colors, no striping. I think it better show the lines of the fairing, and lowers.

Daisy 3 sm.jpg
Daisy 5 sm.jpg