1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special, Vetter Project

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Here are some pictures of my XS1100SF I have been working on. I am currently doing valve adjustment and needed a 2.70 shim for exhaust. Did not have one, so I had to order from Yamaha for 8 bucks. Hopefully I get it Friday then I can put on the valve cover and carbs on this weekend. Then comes Vetter goodies.

Ill keep the images coming.

kynan_xs1100_01.jpg
kynan_xs1100_02.jpg

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Well Yamaha said "its coming from back east", according to them it will be another week. Thats means another week before I can mount my Windjammer SS fairing. Arg :mad:

Sparkfly88

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I cant wait to polish my bike up.

In pictures it looks good, but in person it has been through some hell.
My main focus when I traded for it was to make it run decently before I focused on making it look nice.

Its almost to that stage where I spit shine it!

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Never ending! I noticed that the bike didn't roll around very well, so I check the wheels. The front one was about seized up. Checked the fluid, plenty. The calipers were seized up. I took them off and rebuilt them. In addition I ordered some new Galfer Stainless (Black) Brake Lines. I also ordered some EBC Organic Brake Pads. I installed the lines yesterday. I hope to finish the calipers today. I also painted the clamps for the Windjammer mount and installed it. Looking good! Started the wiring too.